After over a month of battling computer problems (including a recovery from installing Windows 10 – most disastrous), I am finally able to post something.
So, here is my last endeavor, Homemade Baked Beans.
- 2 cans Van Camps pork-n-beans
- 2 Bar S smoked sausages thin sliced (or use crispy bacon slices)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs mustard
- 4 tbs catsup
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar.
- Mix up everything in a medium bowl and refrigerate for three hours or so.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Bake for one hour, uncovered.
- Serves 4.
I didn’t get a picture of the finished product before my family got into it. It must have been OK, because my wife went back for seconds.