I try to stay off ye olde internet on Sundays, … because.
But, I was busy this weekend.
I did the outdoor Stations of the Cross at the Monastery on Friday. At morning Mass, we had a second priest visiting, a Father Martin, from Father Clement’s town. I once found a high-school classmate at work 1500 miles from home, these two priests met 15,000 miles from home (number is figurative, not accurate). Wow!
My pastor, Father Clement Agamba, leaves today for a vacation to his home in Ghana. He is due back June 18th. Pray for him, and all those he meets.
So here is an update to my Quick and Dirty Chili recipe
- 1 pound hamburger (lean)
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. can red beans
- 1 10 oz. can pinto beans
- 1/2 cup Pace Picante Sauce.
I cut out the onions and other stuff. Otherwise the same. Simpler is better.
About the Little Bear Stew, it was fine fresh, but freezing curdled the gravy, like cottage cheese, and I had to toss two tubs of it.
Simple Egg Salad Sandwich
- Mash up one boiled egg in a small bowl with a fork.
- Add in enough sweet relish to flavor it
- Moisten with mayo and mustard
- Spread on whole grain bread
- Top with a sprinkle of lemon-pepper seasonings
- Eat. (With V-8 juice, in my case)
- Makes a wonderful breakfast.
- The only variant would be to lightly toast the bread before applying the egg mix.