I normally go to the 8am Mass on Sundays, to avoid the crowd. Afterwards there is a time for coffee and donuts in the Hall. But Not This Sunday!
Folks were in there getting ready for a luncheon to serve the Bishop who was going to be at the 10:30 Mass for Confirmation and to bless the new parking lot. I had thought attendance was kind of lite. Turns out most folks had made plans to be there to visit with the Bishop. But! Does it seem right to cancel donuts just because the Bishop is coming?
(I JEST, PEOPLE!)
So anyway, at home we had beans for lunch.
- Soak 1 pound of pinto beans in the crockpot overnight.
- Start cooking on high at 7am.
- Add 1/2 pound salt pork, a six ounce can of diced green peppers, and 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
- Cook until beans are ready and the juice level has lost a lot of volume (1 1/2 inches in the crockpot we use.)
- Serve over buttered whole grain bread. Flavor with salt and/or pepper to taste.
(I DO NOT recommend having a beer with this!!)