Saturday nite is movie nite (tonight’s feature, The Lavender Hill Mob, 1951, starring Alec Guinness and Stanley Holloway. — Be on the lookout for a young Audrey Hepburn, don’t blink or you’ll miss her.)
Along with the movie something restful and fattening, a
- Beef smoked sausage (Hillshire Farms) one link, cut into 3” portions, sliced down the middle, and fried on stovetop.
- Simple deviled eggs (slice boiled eggs lengthwise, pop out the yoke, mash in bowl, mix with mayo and mustard until moist, spoon back into eggs, top with light sprinkle of paprika)
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into bite-sized portions.
- Swiss cheese, cut ditto.
- Green olives (if you like, get the very large stuffed with blu cheese.)
- Black olives chopped up and mixed with a whiff of garlic in avocado dip and spread on Ritz crackers.
- Club crackers for the other nibbles.
Considering all the tangy tastes, I choose a white zinfandel to go along for the ride.
Decisions, decisions, what to try first?