After having spent all day running about the Big City (60 miles away) visiting used bookstores, my bones were tired by the time I got home, and something simple was advised.
Breaded Baked Cod
- 2 five oz, cod steaks suitable dethawed in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bread crumbs
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put enough cooking oil in the bottom of a pan to prevent sticking.
- Liberally coat the cod portions with bread crumbs.
- Bake the cod for 10-12 minutes (depending on amount) until bread crumbs are golden.
- Remove from oven and lightly sprinkle with paprika and lemon-pepper seasonings (or whatever rocks your boat.)
- Serve with green beans stewed in butter.
- Consume with a favorite pale ale to “wash it down”.
I forgot to get a picture (tired, etc) until all but one piece was gone.