Before Good Friday gets here, something to make up and set aside for Easter Sunday (if you aren’t in to ham.)
Cheap and Dirty Chili
- 1 pound hamburger (lean)
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. can red beans
- 1 10 oz. can pinto beans
- ½ red onion, chopped into submission
- ½ cup salsa (I use Herdez mild salsa)
- ¼ cup Italian dressing
- 1 tbs chili seasoning mix (I use McCormack)
- Chop up onion and cook along with hamburger meat until hamburger is nicely browned.
- Add in other ingredients and stir well. Cook until bubbling.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool. Transfer to storage containers, freeze or put in refrigerator for at least one day (to let all the flavors get acquainted with each other).
Reheat and consume.
Of course, if you are in a hurry, one might eat it while still fresh – but that is like drinking grape juice when you could have a nice aged wine.