Well, at least that’s the way I hear it when we sing it in church. Conjures up some interesting images of people scooting around a kitchen.
Bread From My Oven
¾ cup warm water
1 pkg active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tbs melted butter
½ cup milk
2 tbs honey
1 tbs molasses
3 cups whole wheat flour (not counting what’s on the board for kneading)
1. Dissolve yeast in water
2. Add other ingredients, flour last
3. Mix and knead
4. Put in oiled/buttered bowl, let rise 45 minutes
5. Punch and knead again
6. Repeat step 4
7. Punch and knead. Put into oiled/buttered bread pan(s). Let rise ½ hour
8. Bake at 375 degrees F, 45 minutes for one big loaf, 30 minutes for five small loaves.
9. Remove, paint with butter, cool on rack for ½ hour.
10. Consume upon your lusts.
This recipe is tweaked for my altitude, 3500 feet above sea level, so be forewarned.