In the process of learning to cook, there are occasional bumps in the road. Today was one of those bumps.
I tried doing a simple fish and greens, and it wasn’t quite right. Ah well, this simply means more experimentation… does it not?
Simple Cod Fish
- (with echoes of Peter Pan taunting Captain Hook)
- Bake one 5oz filet of cod 10 minutes at 400 degrees F., with a light sprinkle of lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Turn, pour 1 tsp melted butter over the cod, sprinkle a pinch of bread crumbs and shake on a light coating of parsley,
- Bale another ten minutes. Remove from oven, place on a bed of spinach/kale/chard, chopped up in a bowl and lightly coated with Italian dressing.
- Consume with a favored white wine – my staple being chardonnay.
As I say, there was something not quite right about it. The cod was OK, but… oh well, better luck next time.