Like a dummy, I forgot all my salmon is frozen, and guess who forgot to lay it out to thaw?
Mea culpa, etc.
So, for my Fish Friday, I made up a tuna noodle casserole.
Not being a fancy “chef” type, I made it as simply as possible.
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s Condensed Cream of Celery Soup
- 4 oz milk
- 8 oz can green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- 2 oz mushrooms
- 2 cans (about 5 ounces each ) tuna in water, drained
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the soup, milk, peas, pimientos, if desired, tuna and noodles in a 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tuna mixture is hot and bubbling.
- Remove from oven, cover dish, and let cool.
(Yes, I have a bottle of cheap chardonnay for solvent.)